What Pays to be a Judge?

What pays to be a judge of the on-the-spot painting contest?

This is my second year judging competitions in Baliwag Associations of Water District. “Suki” was what they call us. The emcee introduced me to be a Senior Engineer now detailed in Congressional Support Staff of Public Affairs Department and a freelance computer graphic designer, flash and 3D modeler and animator and web designer. What’s tiring really is the waiting for we have to just to roam around for two hours until the contestants have finished their pieces. The thrill comes when I got to make a thorough scrutiny of the finished products with matching photo shoots here and there. My excitement is the combination of at-last-they’re-through kinda excitement and the delight that I got to see masterpieces of young artist. Being the chairman of the panel, I got to make a speech before I announced the winners. One of my spiels always includes an encouragement to continue improving theirs craft while they are young, while they have all the time in the world to move their brushes according to their delight. I hope they have managed to read between lines that in the real world, most people got to work not according to their delight but to the delight of the one who pays them. The artistic values have to be kept to themselves for they never sell.

1st Placer
Next year, I might suggest that the theme of the contest would be my portrait. Hmmmmm.

Comments

b3Rn1cE said…
hahaha your portrait? why not? then next year it could be my portrait :)

pahirapan mo jet... gawin mong mixed media or kasing laki ng spoliarium
jonsaint said…
Hmmmm. It could be possible that they have to do your portrait. Di ka nila kilala so it is a little harder. Mahirap yata magpaint ng portrait na wala kang connection sa pinepaint mo. Whhhy not!

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE