Skyline Skyride in Rotorua

"Do you wanna ride the Gondola?" Ruth asked me when we were on vacation in Rotorua.

For me that was very interesting. When I think of Gondola, what comes to mind is the romantic boat in Venice, Italy. They have them here. Great. Finally I would ride a gondola.

And so the Palines Clan and I went to Skyline to ride the Gondola. When we reached skyline I tried to take a look beyond the ticket line and I haven't seen any canal or any small boat. All I could see was the mountain and cable cars.


And so I learned that gondolas are cable cars in Rotorua. Take a look at this video!




Gondolas or cable cars would bring us on top of Mt Ngogotaha where we had the extensive views of Rotorua City, lake, geothermal activity and surrounding hinterlands.

The kids were so excited to ride the Luge which they have been mentioning on our way to the Skyline. What is Luge?

The Luge is a fun ride for all ages. A World 'First' proudly designed and built in Rotorua, the Luge is a fun filled gravity ride on a 3 wheel cart. The unique braking and steering system provides the rider full control and allows them to travel as fast or slow as they wish.

Three separate concrete sealed tracks wind down through the redwood trees: The Scenic Track, the Intermediate Track and the Advance Track.

Examine how exciting the Luge Ride is.




I was intrigued to try Luge with the persuasion of Bong and the rest of the gang. Since this was my first time I had to take the scenic track. A scenic track with viewing bays at great locations for taking photographs allows a leisurely trip down while enjoying the panorama.

Take a look at this!



It was fun. After I reached the bottom, I would return to the top of the mountain using the specially designed chairlift. Check this out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was nice to see your exciting and funfull activities on videos. Guess you are trying almost evertyhing to the max before you get into business there! You see I'm a frequent visitor of your blog so I kinda feel I'm also there.
jonsaint said…
Glad to hear from you then. I hope I can enjoy knowing you as well as you are enjoying my blog. keep in touch then.

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE