SISiG SPREE



It had been a long awaited dining experience with a craving that had never gone ahead. We have attempted in the past to satisfy the cravings by improvising the dish with pork mince, pork crackers, fresh onions, fresh bell pepper and mayonnaise which we succeeded in coming near to the enjoyment of the taste of sisig. We have been contented with it and we almost have forgotten that there is a better life. But that better life of enjoying sisig takes you to head back  home which will take you to its origin in Angeles City or spending a nice night out in Trellis combining the spoon full of sizzling wonder with San Miguel Beer. O man.  Let's make this happen at home in NZ.

I have kept my faith up so as to realise everything will fall in to place.  True enough God is good, our path crossed with one who would be willing to come up with a genuine dish. Once I was told that what we needed was a hog's head, the quest was on to find the head. Nah! It was  not exactly a quest.   You may find them in meat section of the Supermarket in rare occasions. It's more like keeping an eye on the shelves and keeping your fingers crossed that you may grab them ahead of the others.

Last week I got lucky.  I spotted one that looked like smiling at me and saying, "Take me. Take me."  In no time the fat face was on my left hand and my right hand was texting the chef.  The quest is over. And right away the long awaited dining experience was set the coming weekend.  The official hackers of Elizabeth were told to mark it in their calendar. On the day itself. Just about when the sisig was ready to be taken out of the oven, the aroma brought smelling ambiance of Trellis. Bring out the Corona! Bring our the Corona!  The hackers perfected the ambiance with good chat and laughter while consuming the divine sisig and beer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE