THE BIBLE


I watched the whole episodes of the Bible shown in History Channel.  I like it.  I Like how they approach the story which is more like a mild version of Game of Thrones.  Each episode starts with a caption saying that the series would show as close as to what has been told in the Bible.  But in the line of telling it as it is, they highlighted as well humanity, politics, war, grief, sacrifices, brutality, death, miracles, faith, love, conviction, envy, murder and evil.  There are some who had made bad reviews of the series about inaccuracies in the story, too much violence, racial/ethnic portrayals and too Hollywood.  Angels are portrayed like warriors in hoods who know how to fight like Ninjas.  Satan looks like Obama.  I think it is also History Channel or maybe National Geographic that showed a study of how the parting of the Red Sea possible in a technical point of view which is maybe caused by a pulling back of water as preemption of a tsunami.  And yet The Bible did not go that way and went to be inspired by the Scene in the old Hollywood Movie The Ten Commandments.  I said to myself, “That’s the way to go in all the CGI technology around.  I buy it”.  I like it.  I like it.  I like it maybe because I was moved by it.  Maybe if I am in another perspective, I may belong to the critics who see the many flaws of how it was made.  Caucasian Jews.  Jesus’ hairstyle.  His nice skin.  His nice teeth.  Mary’s cosmetic surgery: all of these I haven’t noticed until I was told because I was too absorbed by being drawn in the story.  Despite of the flaws, why is it that I am more inspired to read the Bible.  Why is it that I find the stories more fascinating?  The series highlighted not only the values but also the human aspects, the good, the bad and the ugly which the present time can relate.  I begin to know the characters deeper as if Abraham, Moses, David, Daniel, the disciples and Jesus are my close friends.  I begin to know their faith and sufferings in a deeper sense.  O man, they shed blood and tears.  I thought that the scene when Abraham had to sacrifice Isaac was so moving.  I found out that prayer is very powerful that it can silence a lion.  We can be a small David who can draw strength from God to put down a giant.   We can be part of God’s Plan by being obedient like Mary who did not hesitate to bear The Child of God.  I like the ending when the last chapters of Bible were being completed, Apostle Peter reminisced about when he first met Jesus and asked what they shall do and Jesus replied, “Change the World”. Indeed they changed the world.  Why did History Channel come up with this?  Why The Bible?  Hollywood do what they do but I think they did a good thing here because they got me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE