Respect Myself

Respecting yourself lies in achieving what you have promised on doing for yourself.

I promise myself to wake up early every morning for a good work out. I promise myself to refrain from eating pork and rice not for dieting but for pasting as a prayer for a certain concern. I promise myself to set a what-to-do list so that everything will be organized. I promise to be tidy.

I frequently disrespect myself. How could I earn more respect from others when I myself do not respect myself by not being firm on decisions? I got to do something about this.

I got to get to the bottom of this. What stops me from doing the essentials? Most of the time, I reason out in order not to achieve them. I got to wake up late because I unavoidably lacked sleep the night before. I am usually not in good mood when I don’t eat rice. There’s no time to clean since everything is in a rush. Baloney!

Sometimes I think of refraining from making promises so that there will be nothing to be disappointed about. But promises have something to do with being in touch with principles. Promises are in line with practicing virtues such as patience, obedience, humility and sacrifice. Being firm with what has to be done is indeed promising yourself.

Indeed there is truth in the verse – winning is in losing. You lose a certain portion of yourself to gain something. It is in your emptiness you experience the fullness of the divine. How can you be helped when you don’t ask for help? How can you be refilled when you don’t empty your vessel?

This must be the doings of settling to the comfort zone not realizing that the comfort zone does not bring comfort anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE