SMILE FOR A START

Why is it not easy to think of something good to anything? Why do I have to make a big fuss on something that will give me a headache? It’s like I own a crown but I don’t see it on my head. It’s like I am surrounded with beautiful roses and all I can see are thorns. Is the glass for me is half empty? I may be surrounded with fantastic people in their own rights but I don’t see them that way. I may be in the midst of blessings but I won’t notice anything. The world has so many tricks on its sleeves. It makes my happy thought disappear where in fact they are always there. I envy those people who are grateful of meeting fantastic friends (Hi Bernice).

Andrew Matthews said in his book that people who think too much of disasters are most likely prone to disasters. I used to think that the book Think Positive was a terrific book. I lost my appreciation to it simply because I am already one of the zombies who are programmed to just see the thorns in roses.

People who read my blog would think that I am some kind of Praning. No I am not. Slight maybe. I still see the beauty behind the art of Vangough. I speak of my flaw so that I would relate to those who could relate. This is the way I teach. I am a teacher who is not a good example but who ride side by side with people with same problem and who treat benefactors also as my teachers. I believe that my problem is a common problem. Losing appreciation can be contagious when you always become a victim of whatever. Thinking that you are victim is a problem. Being aware of ones flaws is one step in recovering. Writing what I am aware is a proof that I am getting my problem solved.

There are a lot of things that I have to be thankful for. I may not think of one thing at this moment but I believe there are millions and I could not mention them in one sitting. Wise men say that it is good to mention what you have to be thankful for. And since I believe they are millions, I got to start now. Expressing gratefulness is not just saying thank you. There are many forms. Like what? Smile for a start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE