Destination: CHRISTCHURCH


I was told that Christchurch is a beautiful place and it is called the Little England of New Zealand. So when I was invited for an interview in Christchurch City Council I became so excited right away.

The interview would happen at 10 in the morning of Friday, March 30. So Jovy from Christchurch City Council booked me on flight to the city at 6:30 am. I requested Jovy a flight back to Auckland at 7:10 pm of the same day so that I would have some time to look around. My request was granted. She sounded nice by the phone.

I checked my Email at night and there was my electronic ticket. Everything was settled. Great! Christchurch, here I come!

I arrived in the Christchurch City Airport 8:30 am. I took a cab going the City Council. I got a good chat with the lady driver who has been a cab driver for twelve years. I fell in love right away with place when I got a glance by the cab window many joggers along the path of the huge North Hagley Park.

I got off the cab in front of the Buiding of the City Council, received the receipt amounting to 42 dollars that I could reimburse from the council.

I still had time. I thought of strolling. I looked at the map I got from the airport. The map says that there was a cathedral nearby. I thought of praying. And so I did. A kilometer away, I could see the structure of the Christchurch Cathedral and it was beautiful. I couldn't wait and so I walked faster. I did not enter the Cathedral right away when I was in front of it. I just have to take pictures here and there. As I entered the edifice, I was greeted by some elderly ushers. Many tourists were inside not really praying but just enjoying what they were seeing inside. I did not kneel and pray right away and just joined what the others were doing. Took pictures here and there. There is a two dollar donation if you wanna take pictures. And then I kneeled and prayed.

I was interviewed by Simon Collin and Terry Howes. I did not have the chance to see Jovy whom I usually spoke with on the phone. The result of the interview looked promising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE