Christchurch: The Street Performers

I went back to the Cathedral Square in front of the Christchurch Cathedral. The flea market was setting up. And then I noticed a crowd watching a street performer within the large area of the square! My God! There are street performers in the Square. Who says Christchurch is a lonely place? They seemed enjoying the funny street performer who calls himself Bruce as he did juggling acts and stunts. I thought that this was interesting and I watched. He was a funny guy because I found myself laughing with the audience. Bruce was a crowd drawer and he even had the talent to convince two guys and a lady to volunteer in some of his acts. Or maybe it does not need talent to summon people here to volunteer because kiwis are such "cowboys".

After his last act, he held his hat in front and the crowd just swarmed in and put money inside his hat and even thanked him. For me that was amazing. The crowd may have just enjoyed the show and left. But they just have to approach the guy and showed the gesture of appreciation. I caught on the video the last act of Bruce and the last act of the crowd.



I also saw a girl with her mom who passed by a singer with his guitar. And when she heard the song the singer was singing and probably found out that it was her favorite song, she went back and put a coin in front for the singer.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope I was there... I'd be the 1st one to volunteer! :-)
jonsaint said…
I am sure you would.

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE