Taupo




I was in Christchurch Airport waiting for flight to Auckland when Brigitta told me that I got a flight scheduled to leave for Taupo this coming Monday. I haven’t recovered yet from the taste of England of Christchurch and here I was having to think of another interview in Taupo District Council.

I checked on my email and there it was my electronic ticket to Taupo. I felt bad right away because the flight to Taupo was scheduled at 7:30 am and the flight to Auckland was scheduled at 11:30 am. It lead me to think that I have no ample time to look around. I heard that there are a lot of interesting lakes and falls in Taupo to see. Well!

When I arrived in Taupo Airport, I immediately looked for a taxi that will bring me to the council. Just when I was about to go through main door of the building, a Chinese lady with perfect kiwi accent was running to catch me calling my name. She introduced herself by the name of Krissy from HR department of the council. She was the one who would bring me to the office. I never expected this. It was never mentioned in my itinerary that someone would fetch me from the airport.

Inside the council, Krissy lead me to Ted Anderson who would interview me for the position of project engineer. It was an informal interview. We had few laughs. I told him that it was easy for me to remember his name coz I am fan of Matrix. Though he does not look like Mr Neo Anderson.

The interview did not take long. I fired away coz I was pretty sure what to say in every question. After the interview, we still have few hours before my departure. Krissy offered her services to tour me around Taupo. Great!

She first lead me to the sight where people want to bungy jump. She told me that I ought to try it. No thanks.

Then she lead me to beautiful lake where its water is hot and I could just see steam rising up from the water.

Then we went to Huka Falls. We approached by tracking a long a rapid river. It was very rapid that I have to capture it on video.



The nearby Huka Falls area is great for picnics and nature walks—or you could take a thrilling jet boat ride right to the foot of the thundering water.

We did not have so much time to see other spots but on our way to the airport Krissy told me what more Taupo could offer. Skiing and adventure activities are other reasons to visit. When I heard about skiing, snow came to my mind. Yes, there is snow in some parts of Taupo. And when you're not on the lake or up a mountain, you'll find the Taupo town centre crammed with cafes and interesting shops. What interested me the most is that it was in Taupo they shot parts of the scene of Lord of the Rings. And there are tours being sold to the location of the scene. Wow!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE