What I Used To Play When I was a Kid

I have been hibernating and have been doing well with it. I have not been blogging. I have not involved myself with any activity with whatever Filipino Org we have here in Christchurch. I am successful in detaching myself from any association in my pursuit to dedicate myself with my wife, son and career. Mel from Auckland, an old friend way back when we were still in the Ligaya Community tried to catch up with me through email. He asked me if I already have a support group here. I told him none formally. But I have my family and close family friends who get in touch regularly. I told him I am happy with this setup and I told him I don’t intend to complicate myself in getting tied with certain group and be branded as one of those enemies of the other. When I was a kid, I used to play Kampu-kampo with other kids. Kampu-kampo was a game where two groups owning territorial bases compete with each other by capturing enemies and bringing them in their respective bases. It was physical game which required tackling and pinning the enemies to the ground. We did not have any shirts on so that we can be slippery with all those sweats in the body. To save the captured colleagues is to touch them in any part of their body once the enemies’ base is penetrated. Kampu-kampo was a fun game. But we got tired of it when we got older. Growing up from what we used to play was wonderful moment in order for us to venture another level of activity which suits our maturity. I got tired of Kampu-kampo. I got to tired of pinning others down. I got tired of being pinned down. If I would invent a game, I would like to name it as Kampo-Ko-Kampo-mo. It’s a game were in you can hop in from one territory to the next and I don’t have to worry being trapped inside. The players of the game would not have to pin down each other to earn points. They outdo each other in lifting up one another to earn points. Kampo-Ko-Kampo-mo is not a kids’ play. The other is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE