Signs and Symptoms of Stress

The first session of the Seminar on Managing Stress is interesting because it directed me to a knowledge of whether I am stressed or not. Symptoms of stress are enumerated and for sure I have a couple of them. Hey! Hang on! Am I really stressed? I can just say to myself that I am not stressed and I am doing fine. Symptoms like these would just give me a wake up call that maybe I am. Regardless of the authenticity of these symptoms, having one or more of these traits would make my performance poorer. Whether I believe that these are authentic symptoms or not, regardless of the identification of the symptoms, I would accept the fact, given the big adjustments and the hang-ups of several changes after I moved in NZ such as culture, language and accents, weather, work relations and styles, that I together with all the pinoy immigrants are prone to stress. The level of stress depends on how you behave with changing circumstances. The enumerated symptoms can be beneficial after all serving as red flag to say that you ought to take care of your outlook and behaviour.

Patterns of eating and sleeping
Smoking or alcohol consumption
Short-temperedness and irritability
Anxiety, depression or mood swings
Absent-mindedness and daydreaming
Tiredness and lack of enthusiasm
Susceptibility to illness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE