Book Covers

“So you are Jet! At last I finally met you. I have heard so much about you”

“Ah Okay. Which one have you heard? The good or the bad.”

“Both. Hahahaha.”

“Hahahaha.” I laugh frantically.

Somehow, it is flattering yet at the same time scary knowing people are talking about you. I mean, how well do you know a person by relying only on second hand information? It is okay that people believe on great stuff people say about you provided it is true. But if it is not true and you are not able to deliver the expectation, it is frustrating. It is not okay if people talk bad stuff about people whether it is true or not. Most of the time the person who was maliciously talked about would be the last one to know. Celebrities are being talked about 24 hours a day and yet they have an access to the wicked network like media and press conference where they can be aware of the controversies and where they can defend themselves. An ordinary person has less access and most of the time clueless.

“So you are good in playing Basketball. I saw you play. I thought you couldn’t bounce a ball.”

“What gave you that idea?”

“Coz he told ….. Never mind.”

I am not sure how immature one should be if one relies on the information of an unreliable person. But if one choose to believe the unreliable information in order to strengthen the reliability, one is part of the diabolical scheme to put down other people, thus one is not immature but evil. Some people put the scheme as part of the game in the political arena most evident in the workplace. But it is just shrouding the immorality so as to able to wash hands. Washing hands does not put you on a clean slate.

So what are you? Mature? Immature? Or Evil. Sometimes I am immature when I absorb the second-hand information without facts to support it and without faith with the source. At least, I am not evil in believing just for the sake of adding more logs to the fire. On the other hand, sometimes people have a difficult time convincing me that I have to be careful dealing with a certain slimy person because I prefer to figure it by myself which in a long run puts me on a delicate situation where I might be victimised. Trusting others in order to know how reliable what they say are does not happen overnight. Sometimes I wish that I have trusted them earlier in order no to go through being slimed at. But that’s how it works: rely on facts or trusted source.

How well do you know me? Is it based on what others say or on a personal association with me?

I wrote an article in a magazine entitled “Deeper Look”. Do you believe in love at first sight? I rather believe in love out of knowing deeply. Deeper look is what it takes to appreciate an abstract painting. An abstract painting might be just a mess of colours in a quick look. But in a deeper look you might see the life of the painter. How do you find the right one? It’s not all the time on the instant glow in your eyes but in a series of bonding and getting-to-know moment. “Don’t judge a book by its cover” might be an underrated cliché. Your cover or outside impression might have been darted with slimes by a slimy-good-for-nothing-asshole, but what is important is the content of your book. It will just take others to open your book and learn who you really are. Yet you don’t have to prove anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE