Two Years in NZ

This is the date when my feet have touched the ground of NZ for the first time two years ago. It was in Auckland International Airport. I almost kissed the ground but I was just cautious because of my vague knowledge of the NZ culture or policy regarding being intimate with NZ airport asphalt. I still had freckles then due to the chicken fox I had almost a month earlier in the Philippines which made me delayed my flight by almost one month. Well, no one dared to ask about the black spots because they indeed looked like freckles. Edwin fetched me. It was Sunday so we attended the mass in Balmoral together with his family before he would bring me to Allen’s place where I would be residing. It so happened that it was a Filipino mass and it was just like home in the midst of my excitement to taste a little NZ life. We had lunch in a steak house where I saw Maoris for the first time. And then he brought me to Allen’s. And the rest were the continuous blessings upon blessings until I found myself with my wife and my son in Christchurch.

What am I thinking right now that I am two years old? Well, I am grateful. The fact that I am here in NZ is a blessing. The fact that I was given opportunity to have tasted NZ experience for two years is a blessing. I have given my family a better option to build a future. My wife and I have the same mind when it comes to what’s best for our son. The primary reason of our flight to NZ was really our son. In fact almost all our decision making have been be based on what’s best for him. If not for my son, I would not be here in NZ. Both of our strength (my wife and I) are coming from our son who was given by God as our mission. I believe JC has special place in God’s heart and JC is the reason why we had so much blessings. All we have to do is to use the blessings to fulfill our mission. I know that there are more blessings to come in order to accomplish the greater glory. Why am I here in NZ? NZ is a blessing. And here is where both my wife and I would fulfill the purpose of the blessing.

One of my favorite songs is “He Who Began a Good Work” by Steve Green. God has started something in me and my family. The continuous manifestation of His Love by means of giving me a job, giving us residency, giving us true friends, giving us spiritual growth and maturity is God saying to us that there is more to come and He is not through with us yet from where He started. There may be some trials along the way. But there is no reason to stop because as the song goes, “He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it.” It is only two years. God is still warming up. There is more to come. But it is up to us if we want Him to go ahead. God will know if we want Him to go ahead by continually showing our appreciation to what He is doing for us. It is very important that we have a thankful heart. Saying Thank You to God will make Him never cease to give more. There is no reason to complain and be weary. The abundance of God’s grace will never be tasted in two years. There is more to come.

I am grateful for the two years that my God remains faithful to the point that He is showing me a better path by continually breaking me to maturity and to the point of giving me a better spiritual sight.

The two years are for His Glory and Honour!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE