Media Training

A few weeks ago, I went through a Media Training. The council thought that I got to undergo such training in order to prepare me for what might set me on the difficult spot. As a council staff who got to be on the field, I can be subject to the brutal unsolicited, inescapable and uncomfortable interrogation. “Don’t worry about the question,” mentioned the trainer. “Worry about your answer.” My first reaction is “phew” I told myself that as long as I am true to myself and I am not doing anything wrong and I have nothing to hide, I should not worry about my answer. As the training progressed I found myself putting my money where my mouth is. Being true and not hiding anything is obviously the least of my worry but how the media turns your answer around is what I should keep an eye on. There is such thing as fishing for dirt, putting words to my mouth and hitting my vulnerability. “This is how media works most of the time,” trainer from the public relations commented. This training is very useful and I think this should not be put in a package for media correspondence alone but in a wider package of socializing with people of all walks of life. I used to know people and I am sure that I will encounter more people who have nothing to do with media but take the business of being nosy. I knew people who make the opportunity in a gathering such as lunch breaks and dinner parties to fish for valuable comments that they can twist and can use against the prey. If they can not fish for controversy they will make one by putting words to the prey’s mouth. I know people who play this sinister business and I know that I am in the DANGER ZONE when I am in the same zone with these guys. I got to avoid them. You can’t imagine what they can do to your reputation. These people does not mind how serious the outcome of their back slashing whether it affects livelihood or serious illness. They just wash their hands and act as if they know nothing. Tsk tsk. Like the media, they consider it as playing politics and that this is just a job. Yeah right. I have no time for them. I will just exert my effort to cultivate good relationships with my loved ones and friends who know and believe who I really am and who know and believe how I treasure them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE