TRUE HAPPINESS

Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

Helen Keller

I remember reading a book about true happiness. Find happiness in giving and STOP THERE! Period! Don’t expect anything out of giving. Finding happiness on your expectations on consequences of your good deed won’t work. It might lead to disappointment. True happiness is really in giving. And I am beginning to believe that again as I come across Miss Keller’s writing. It is hard sometimes because somehow we are selfish beings. Selfish means trouble and does not connote with gaining true happiness. It is more wonderful to say, “ I am happy because I did something good to a friend today” rather than “I am happy because my friend reciprocated what I did to him.”
In the latter statement happiness depends on someone’s action. In the first statement, happiness depends on your action which you have all the choices in the world.
Do you wanna be happy? It’s your choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE