BLOGGING ABOUT PAINTING


I am glad that I started painting again. Sometimes you don’t know what you’re missing until you get to dwell on it again. I guess its fulfilment is beyond explaining and when you get lose it, it’s easy for you to wander away when you have blurry idea of its benefit. There is nothing like getting you hands, arms, shirt and face dirty with paint when you get to create colours that subtly registers your own being or your own soul. No doubt that it’s therapeutic. I have said that it’s beyond explaining and here I am trying to explain what I get from painting as best as I can, hoping that in between lines I can get across from one psyche to another. The simplest way to explain it is that when I paint, I feel good. I know that not everybody can paint and what I am saying here may not apply to all. What I am saying really is that when you do something that you are good at and complete it, you feel good. I remember when I was chairman of a painting competition in my beloved home country, I got to advice the young artists during my speech and I kept on saying to them that they need to continue improving their craft while they are young and while they have all the time in the world to move their brushes according to their delight. I stopped painting not for a bad reason but for a better reason. Now that the universe has dictated me to reside to a laid back country like NZ, I was given the time I needed to hold my brush again. One of my friends in FB who also resides in NZ has said, “Definitely you can do that here.” Yes I can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE