While Enriching Vocabulary

While I was reading an online article, I came across an English word that was rather new to me. Cabal. The word might not be that highfalutin to an average person. I must admit that sometimes I find myself being below average when it comes to word power. I live my life with simple words, words that can be understood even by grade school kids. Sometimes anxiety attacks me over this word deficiency. But most of the time I laugh about it. Simple words. Simple life. Why should I make it harder? And here is another flaw: I am a bad speller. Probably you would have caught my spelling booboos in my blog before I get to edit words such as rich instead of reach, to instead of too, plane instead plain or price instead prise. Mr Forrester was a prominent creative writer who advised his protégée that one must write from the heart and edit from the mind. And I completely believe it. Write first before you edit. But there were instances that I was just reckless and did not give too much deeper look at the draft before I get to publish it. However I am not too worried about slight errors as long as there are still people who get to read it without judgement. Anyway I am responsible enough to get back at the blog once I see some errors and get to edit it. What I am worried about is the CABAL who will get to read them. Whadyaknow! I get to actually use the newly found word in this blog. There are various meaning of Cabal when I Google searched for it and the one that I was looking for which fits with the description in my mind when I get to see one is a group of people who seek power usually through intrigue. They have practiced the skills of formulating harmful intrigues to empower them. They become skilful to the point of almost as easy as winking to create a naughty story that would likely create harm. We get to undoubtedly encounter them in our daily lives. If you agree and know such people, just wink. I am sure they are most obvious in politicians. Sigh. I am glad that I get to enrich my vocabulary once in while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE