SEND OFF

I did a bit of sending off to my old Pentium 4 Desktop Comp and donated it to EDay. EDay is an event where people will just junk their old computers for a good cause. Being sentimental to all sorts of things which have been attached to me, it is kinda hard for me to send them away. There are so many reasons why we need to get rid of old stuff and one of them is just to clear space. And that is why my old HP had to go. There were other potential amiable items I keep for slushy reasons which I need to get rid off for all sorts of sensible reasons. I guess recalling the time spent with something which has provided good service for so many years makes me cringed a bit when thinking about turning them over. The Lazy Boy which was my first appliance and one of my inanimate companions in an empty living room of a house when I was just starting to settle in NZ is now wondering like an unlawful tenant in the middle of our guest room of our current house. The charger dependent ACER laptop which is still running but worn out has helped me in putting up good blogs, songs, graphic arts, websites, photos, and a gateway for social networking. Claire mentioned a hundred times that I look like a farmer when I wear one of my two corduroy button down shirts but I still wear them so frequent that you may notice three or more facebook photos of me wearing “the shirts” in different occasions. My favourite books which are just accumulating dust in a shelf: I just want it to be there just in case I will find time to read them again. I am not new in sending away lovable stuff. I have been in a few rounds before. I used to own a scientific calculator which I have been using since the college years and for more than five years working as an engineer. The price of calculators had been getting cheaper and cheaper but I did not want to give it up but the device which got me to graduate in college has sort of whispered to me that it wanted to retire. I mean it was still working even when it had a naked back when the rear shell broke and the cracks of the four corners of the front shell threatened to completely strip it off. And don’t let me start with cars. I only had three previous cars: The Happy Car, The BOX and Singkit. Each of them has a novel to tell. It’s a struggle to send away what used to be a keeper. What makes me carry on after a send-off is by thinking that in the midst of uncertainty on how one would last, there is certainty on how one had been a good company in the past and I would like to keep that memory. Good memories are always keepers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE