CLEANING SKILLS


Sorting out electronic files may be daunting.  But when you get the ball rolling I am coming in to a sort of amusement of rearranging, folder creating, renaming, removing, replacing and assigning.  It’s a matter of prompting a quick start I would find myself enjoying the undertaking.


It’s different with the physical cleaning which is not my best area of expertise but maybe I am just not doing my best effort.  Or the effort could not be enough in the light that there are things I don’t see that some skilful cleaners can see.  It’s like I am living in a parallel universe where some objects are just ghosts to me.  The socks on floor seem not there all the time or onion skins and sachets clatter unnoticeably while cooking for instance.  Anyhow, what can I say?  My office desk: Wires and cables lie like dead snakes all around the computer; files on shelves are yet to be sorted from what are needed and what ain’t; I got too many jugs and mugs wherein I only use one which is most likely handy and yet sometimes my mood tells me to use the others or maybe too many jugs drive my mood crazy; some of the paper memos pinned to my bulletin board I realise just now has been there to remind me on what I ought to do in 2011.


Why is there a saying that cleanliness is next to godliness?  I am more on believing that it’s more on purifying ones heart. The song of David, Create in me a Clean Heart, explains it clearly that cleanliness is pertained by the Bible with what’s inside.  Otherwise I am doomed in the sense that I look at myself as being deprived on cleaning skills.


Having said all of these, I also believe that House Cleaning is a good therapy.  There is certain feel-good spirit in seeing how shiny your glasses were, how your wooden centre table are dust-free or how things in the cupboard are neat and organised.  It’s just that my kind of therapy has not geared me in that direction.  For me I find therapy in music, painting, writing, reading.  Accomplishment in these areas gives me that feel-good spirit which makes me care less on the socks on the floor, empty sachets sashaying in the kitchen, dead snakes on my office desk or the collections of old papers.


However, I must admit that it’s a bad habit not to keep your surroundings tidy.  Maybe my brain is not wired much on such undertaking.  I think I need to start rewiring and get in the habit.


It’s a good thing that it is a fact that there are no snakes in New Zealand or I would suspect that I got one behind my computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE