ELECTRONIC SNAKES


In my last blog, I mentioned about a dead snake behind my office computer.  It happens to be that I have so many cables around it.  I thought of figuring out how I arrived with this messy predicament.  I have two dongles for two delicate software I am using and once in a while I am plugging them in and out at the back of the computer the endeavour which is too tedious consisting of leaning, squeezing and back aching thus arriving in a strategy of installing two long cables plugged at the back serving as the insertions of the two dongles that is reachable in front. I got two external hard drives which incidentally need cables: one serving as back up and working area for the modelling programme and the other is my personal where I keep my music that I listen to while working: we were told by the head of IT that I we should not use the our personal network drive for keeping mp3s – so there.  Right now, I am listening to the Christmas songs by Christina Perri.  The mouse is most of the time intertwined with the twirling cable of the phone which I won’t bother to pick up because I usually use the phone headset hanging at my right side of the big monitor – and so let them tangle for all I care – no wonder when I move the mouse, the phone also moves.  I have two mouse pads: one on top of the other.  I had replaced the old one with the blue one but I did not bother to remove the old one.  And alongside the phone is the Vanilla Dusting Sugar which I sprinkle with my coffee in the morning.  I am running out of business cards in the container or am I?  Maybe some of them are buried in some of those paper junks.  I usually hang my computer headset on my left side of the big monitor but at that moment he was bonding with other electronic snakes.  The box of crackers behind the monitor is my lunch – no wonder I am destructed.  ……………Where am I?  I have an electric multi-plug adapter at the side not because the office hasn’t installed sufficient plugs for my needs but because it is at the back of the computer not strategically located for my not-so-flexible body and daily I need to charge my cell and tablet and all sorts of batteries.  So there! How I arrived with so many hullabaloos in my desk is the one works for me.  As long as I am sitting with the office chair comfortably which put my forehead the same level with the top edge of the monitor (Health and Safety advice –to avoid nauseating) and I am doing my programming without much distractions to much needed maintenance, my coffee has not spilled, I am not running out of crackers and I can still listen to the music I am keen on, I have no objections. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE