Changes

There is a point that we need to change for the better and yet we are held back by our comfort zone.  Who Moves The Cheese is a book that speaks the same thing and I am so grateful to my cousin's hubby who gave it to me.  And I just thought about it when I was reminded by many instances that I have been dragged back by so many unchangeable circumstances in the light that moving forward is the option to take.
  Do not attach the changeable to the unchangeable. I have written a song that was in line with this statement as a home work in the song writing course I took in the past.  It was a song about a lost that was attached to many existing and haunting unchangeable things.  Milk is always milk.  A baby does not stay a baby.  A baby has to grow and needs to move forward and let go of the bottle.  A butterfly needs to leave the cocoon to spread the wings.  People may have thought that their cocoons are their comfort zones until they let go and find that it's much comfortable to stretch the wings.
 Fear may staple us because we got used to stuff.  But when we begin to ask where we go from here and the answer is vague, it's time to move forward.  Moving forward may need to leave what you have outgrown. Let go.   In order to get out of the circling motion, I got to seek the things that are moving forward.  But where should I go?  This is where I need to know what matters.  What matters is the true north for me but then I am being enveloped by many attachments in which some of them needed and some of them have been needing me for a while.  Some values coincide with time.  When the time lapses, take on to the next important things?  Where am I going?  The destination is important to what I should let go and what I should bring to the journey towards the next pace.  Who am I? That must be the answer to where I should go.  A family man.  A husband.  A dad.  God's servant.
These must be what are consistent all the way.  And my identity is attached to a mission.  If my mission is to buy a loaf of bread, I wouldn't go to a hardware store, would I?  My identity which is how God created me and how God sees me should tell me where I am going.   Always to seek the things that are moving forward to grow. Value the goodness of the past and carry it as you move along and live the bad remnants behind.  Do not let the bad remnants drag you back. What is certain is the sure ball.  Sometimes we bet too much on uncertain things which is a waste of time.
The chance may be thin but hope makes it more probable. There is power in prayer.  It works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE