DISCIPLINE IS THE KEY TO GROWTH


Discipline is the key to growth.  The word keeps ringing in my ear as if it is becoming my personal watchword.  It might be something that I have to sink into my system as I come to realise that the many flaws that I am keeping have come from lack of discipline.  It might be important tool to solve many of life’s problems particularly some of my personal issue.

God has a way waking me up to reduce some my setbacks.  Endeavours to sort life will be easy if not for discipline.  Discipline coincides with pain most of the time.  Yet those things that hurt instruct.  I hate pain.  And maybe this is why I dillydally so us not to go there.  My procrastination wins over as I hope that the stern undertaking will go away.   Skirting around the problem does not go anywhere.  I need to meet them head on.  Get on with it.  I got to suffer through them once and for all.  Suffering is a gift.  Make the most of it.  (Hey I think tackle this in my previous blog.)

Going in circles is taking my reservation long enough for me to go mental I suppose.  It’s like where am I?  I cannot smell any progress as I can see same old routine.  Reservation pulled me back out of the legitimate sufferings.  Not taking the legitimate suffering wouldn’t solve the problem.  The problem demands for me to grow by embracing the legitimate suffering.  It will pass.  Before I knew it, I will get through.  So let’s get on with it.

What am I saying really?

I am avoiding being specific.  But there are lots of things that I need to do but I haven’t done them consistently.  I have been waiting for motivation but the waiting is what keeps me procrastinating.  Discipline is a motivation.  That’s that.  I have been spending too much time putting some creativeness in the undertaking in keeping the fire burning.  Just do it, for goodness sake.

There may be advantages in procrastination as being propagated by Ellen in her stand up Here and Now.   Sometimes you got to stop to smell the daisies.  Yet sometimes you got to take your responsibilities seriously by delaying gratification.  Truth hurts sometimes but it’s better than living in a lie.  Discipline can be more meaningful when we know the value of suffering, accepting responsibilities and dedications to truth and balancing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE