HELLO FISH


We’ve discussed about fish passage in river controlling structures in the meeting.  This one of the free flow permitted activity conditions one should look at in installing dams, culverts and weirs in the river.  As a river management engineer fish passage is one of those I almost neglect in the designing river controlling structures. I am more on the flood control scheme, managing flows, improving hydraulic efficiency, decreasing roughness of the channel. And then I was given a task to come up with public information to be published region wide and online about the awareness of fish passage.  I was given a task to enlighten the community about something I need to be enlightened about as well.  On the brighter side, I begin to know better.  The migration of fish is part of their life cycle.  Culverts, dams and weirs that are not designed the right way would disrupt the life cycle and become hazards to the whole ecology.  I am imagining that the fish will begin to be more friendly with me.  Hello fish!  I am not just an engineer who will ruin your day.  I am a fish friendly engineer.  How’s that?  I want to do this.  The awareness has not to stop and end with me.  I have given an important job to spread the awareness.  Yeah.  Yeah .  This is for good cause.  I get it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE