THE LIBRARY


One good habit that I want to keep at lunch time is spending time reading or meeting up with Claire at the library which is a few walks from the council.  The frequent meeting place is at the library, outdoor in the library garden whenever there is wonderful warm day or indoor on a not so warm day yet occupying a good spot by the huge window overlooking the garden.  Sometimes Claire wouldn’t make it but I keep the habit.  Another habit that I want a keep is to bring a mug of mocha chino which Claire and I enjoy.  Reading by the window is so much amusing yet it becomes more amusing when a glance through the window captures my attention to what’s going on outside in the garden: some colleagues jogging which makes me wonder if I should do the same, a friend who is a mum who takes walk with her baby in a stroller, fellow engineers fixing the rivers, young skateboarders having fish and chips, the yellow leaves in autumn which prompts Claire to ask me to take photos of her in it.  Sometimes we catch some friends dropping by the library and we have small chats. 

 

Maybe 20 years ago people had an impression that libraries are for nerds.  But I don’t think it is applicable today now that there is so much going on inside the library: internet access, video games, children activities, storytelling, painting, cafĂ© inside.  It has become a library for all kinds of people.  It is still for the nerds because of all ridiculously humongous volumes of books.  But it has now been shared with the comic readers, music listeners, mocha-chino drinkers, toddlers, gamers and couples who want to spend bonding together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE