BOXING DAY

“Boxing Day?  What the heck is a boxing day?”

I was clueless when I got to understand that this is one of the days NZ celebrates.  And so my mind worked on me at first to figure out by myself what it would be.  The picture popped up from my brain when I first heard Boxing Day was Manny Pacquiao.  And so maybe 26th of December is special day when every town in NZ would put up boxing rings and celebrate Boxing Day by participating and watching boxing matches.  But then I thought “Isn’t it that Rugby is the big sport in NZ?  Why not Rugby Day?”  And so I played around with my mind a bit and was stubborn by not to look at Wikipedia to end this nosiness.  What do Kiwis do on the day after Christmas?  Shopping?  Maybe back then when people shopped they put all the sold items in boxes and not yet in plastic bags because plastic was not yet invented then.  But why should they come up with a statutory day benefiting merely commercial establishments?  And why do they shop on post-Christmas when the gift giving is done and over?  Box.  Box.  Box.  Box on post-Christmas.  Christmas Day is over.  What do I box?  Boxing Day is a day for packing away.  This should be the day when all the Christmas Decors shall be boxed again and live back to a regular life.  Hmm that makes sense.  That should be it.  Yes.

No.

The 26th of December is the Feast of Saint Stephen, the First Martyr.  There may be some unique way of celebrating the Feast.

And so I made a research on the Feast.

The Feast is celebrated by putting Alms BOX in front of the Church. 

Boxing Day.


There yeah go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

STAGE DIRECTOR

UST Class 5 CE