Walking Through Doors

Not facing your fear is letting yourself going around in circles or walking back and forth. And the only way to escape the routine and to move forward is to face your fear. It is my own fear and nobody can deal with it but me. And it is impossible to run away from me.

I have a son who never seizes to amaze me because of the values I learned from him. It takes a child's pure heart to know the real value of dealing with life. He is a boy who is determined to do what he has never explored before and never stopped trying until he conquers it. At a young age he used to have a fear of going up with lifts. He stares at it. He walks back and forth. He stares it again. Maybe not this time. He makes himself busy with something else. He could not forget. He stares at it again. And it takes a long painful while getting around it. Until he grabs mum's and dad's hands dragging us to enter the lift. Pushes the UP button. And there! He smiles. He laughs. We laugh together.

Conquer our fear I believe would never become a cliché or meme to the ambitious, to those who think there is more out there. It only takes a leap out of the comfort zone to realise it is much amazing out there. There are more doors to open ahead. Temple Grandin becomes what she is now because she never stops going through doors. The only way to remove the "what-ifs" in your mind is doing the answers. There is no stopping in arriving at so many possibilities.

My son has beaten so many of his qualms: taking medicines, going to the doctor, tasting odd foods etc. The other night I saw him walking through the dark hallway just to prove he's no longer afraid in dark places. Good job! I put a thumbs-up not on him but on me who is inspired by him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DIRECTOR

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE