FULFILLING A PROMISE



3rd of March 2020: this is the day that I would fulfil a promise.

A friend of mine in the church approached me over seven years ago and made a request that I could not refused. He told me that he wanted me to sing in his eulogy when he passed away. I found it awkward. Regardless, I said yes. He told me that he will send the music sheets of the songs that he would like me to sing. He asked my postal address so he can send the sheets. The following day it was in the mailbox. I opened the A4 enveloped and there they were, the sheets and a written letter by him. The first sheet was an American Christian song “Take My Hand, Precious Lord” and the other sheet was Sacred Hymn “Panis Angelicus”. I haven’t been familiar with those songs till that day I received the letter. And so, few of my lazy times, I pulled out those sheets that I kept from the shelves and practiced singing.

The sheets stayed in the shelves for over seven years covered with amount of dust when I received a call that my friend has passed away. “Will you be able to sing?” the lady on the other side of phone asked. I immediately say yes.

This is the day that that I would fulfil a promise.

My friend, keep the smile on your face and sing along with me together with all the angels in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

UST Class 5 CE

STAGE DIRECTOR