Picking a Fight with the Universe

I want to revisit this subject of PRIDE by blogging another reflection about it. 

I have fallen a number of times of having an attitude that rooted from being ridiculously proud. I tended to think too much highly about myself above other else. Sometimes I overestimate my value by pretending  so people may look at me above everything. That did not please My God at all. My God does not like me with that attitude.  Some people does not like me either.

God hates pride. God declares war with pride when  Lucifer had fallen because of pride, when Adam & Even had fallen because of pride. Pride is the root of all sins. 

I am sharing my iniquity to this blog not because I have a unique circumstance but because I believe everyone had its own way of being lured by pride. Some of us think we deserve more money. Some of us think we deserve high regard. Some us think we deserve respect. Some us think we deserve honor. Some of us think we deserve comfort. Some of us think we deserve pat in the back. 

It is logical that when we clothed ourselves with pride, God of the Universe will work against us. If we are being persistent in making our own terms, wanting to be famous and to be glorified and serving our own best interest, we are in the position of picking a fight with God and the universe.

How do you look at reading the Bible? If you get out something from a verse and you think of others whom you think would need it more than you do, pride may have taken over you thinking that you need it too. I should look at the Bible and have the mindset and the right spirit of longing for what  God is saying to me. 

Be humble. Be humble. 

Circumstances will not make you humble. Circumstances will humiliate you. The only one that makes you humble is you. It always starts with you. You don't need to go through humiliation in order to be humble. Humility can make you avoid humiliation. 

Be humble. That is what the Bible says. God recognises those who are humble. The kingdom is closest to those who are humble. 

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.

1 Peter 5:6 NLT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Sweet Style Spaghetti

CERTAINTY

UST Class 5 CE